Wow! I thought the drugs when you do a full on IVF cycle quite tough. I reckon just counting the drugs you need to take when you have natural killer cells and are doing a Frozen Embryo Transfer amazing. Imagine if I have to do both full on IVF and treatment for Natural Killer Cells. I reckon doing that would be the end of me.
As I am about to commence another frozen embryo cycle, I am amazed and what my treatment will now become like. Here is the sequence of events:
- Dexamethasone and Astrix / Baby Aspirin (day 1 onwards) – one does things to reduce your immune system and the other thins your blood
- Book in for intravenous feeding of Intralipid – I get lay down for half a day while the anaesthetist drip feeds me.
- Pee on Ovulation test kit from daily day 10 until you detect a surge
- The day after the surge, commence Augmentin DUO twice a day for 5 days
- The day after the urge, start injecting yourself in the tummy with Clexane
- Have intercourse the night before transfer so it upsets the endometrium and makes it more receptive for the embryo to stick
- Commence Crinone Gel for 15 days on the day after embryo transger
- Commence Estradot Patches on the day after transfer
Amazing collection isn’t it. Imagine if I have to do both full on IVF and the treatment for Natural Killer Cells. The drugs I would have to take would more than double! That is mind boggling – I never expected to take so many drugs at my age. I thought it was just something my people did when they got old.
I never thought of myself as being brave doing 13 rounds of IVG but now I really have to consider that I really am brave just doing this. I am not too happy about the effects it has my immune system and my blood.
I also need to be careful not to bruise myself because the aspirin and clexane thin my blood. And I can be quite klutzy. Lucky I happened to walk into a park bench yesterday and cop the big bruise on the leg (which is still sore) while I was just on aspirin and not clexane. I need to watch and bruising and be ready to report to nurse if the bruising does not subside.
The other good thing is that I am just recovering from a cold. The Intralipid and the Dexamethasone lower my immune system so I reckon I would be best off avoiding sick people.
If I am confirmed pregnant then I still have to continue Crinone, Estradot, Asprin, Dexamethasone and Clexane.
Meanwhile I still need to continue taking my naturopathic medicine such as Elevit, Omega 3 Fish Oil (EPA/DHA), CoQ10, Vitamin C and Chinese Herbs. Here are some of them pictured below. The Chinese herbs are missing from the picture and yeah I forget to mention the acupuncture treatment I also have.